The LightingEurope General Assembly elected on 31st March a new Executive Board for a two-year mandate. The role of the LightingEurope Executive Board is to implement LightingEurope’s strategy and work program. It is composed of 16 members, equally split between representatives of member national lighting associations and member companies.
The newly appointed Executive Board elected, on that same day, Maurice Maes as President of LightingEurope. Maurice Maes is the Head of Standards & Regulations in Signify since 2015 and has over 25 years of experience in associations, having served on boards of industry initiatives such as the ZigBee Alliance, LightingEurope and the Global Lighting Association.
Juergen Waldorf, Managing Director of the ZVEI section Lighting and licht.de, was elected Vice-President and Miguel Aguado, Marketing and Technology Manager EMEA at Lutron, was elected Treasurer.
“I am honoured to be elected President and look forward to working closely with the Executive Board colleagues and the wider membership to contribute to fit-for-purpose regulations that stimulate smarter, better and more sustainable lighting, bringing even more value from lighting systems to their users,” says Maurice Maes.
The Executive Board consists of the following members (by alphabetical order of family name):
- Miguel Aguado, Lutron, UK (Treasurer)
- Alfredo Berges, ANFALUM, Spain
- Bob Bohannon, The LIA, UK
- Lionel Brunet, Syndicat de l’Éclairage, France
- Nathalie Coursière, IGNES, France
- Jean-Marie Croué, Syndicat du Luminaire-GIL, France
- Maurice Maes, SIGNIFY, The Netherlands (President)
- Joerg Minnerup, Trilux, Germany
- Isacco Neri, ASSIL, Italy
- Arnulf Rupp, OPTOTRONIC (OSRAM group), Germany
- Mark Oliver Schreiter, ERCO, Germany
- Wouter Soer, Lumileds, The Netherlands
- Lars Stuehlen, LEDVANCE, Germany
- Carlo Urbinati, ASSOLUCE, Italy
- Klaus Vamberszky, ZUMTOBEL Group, Austria
- Dr. Jürgen Waldorf, ZVEI, Germany (Vice-President)
Visit www.lightingeurope.org for more information.